The history of the Faculty of Agriculture at the Warsaw University of Life Sciences dates back to 1816, when the Institute of Agronomy in Marymont was established in order to promote agricultural knowledge in the Polish society. The founders of the Institute were: Jerzy Flatt, its first director, professors: Tadeusz Wiernik, Adam Rudnicki and Jan Ziemięcki, as well as Stanisław Kostka Potocki – the Minister of Religion and Public Education. The Institute of Agronomy was closed by the Russian authorities in 1863. In year 1906 the Society of Science Courses with a Faculty of Agriculture was founded. The three-year studies in the Faculty represented a university level. Five years after it had been established, the Faculty of Agriculture was transformed into the Industrial and Agricultural Courses attached to the Museum of Industry and Agriculture. Professor Józef Mikułowski-Pomorski was appointed the director of the courses. A study course lasted three years and its programme covered lectures, tutorials and excursions to 15 model farmsteads in the vicinity of Warsaw. During World War I, in autumn 1916, the board of the Museum of Industry and Agriculture obtained permission from the occupation authorities to establish the Higher Agricultural School based on the Courses. In September 1918, the Higher Agricultural School was nationalised under the name of the Polish Royal Main School of Agriculture and in 1919 its name was altered to the Warsaw University of Life Sciences (WULS).
After the September defeat, the Warsaw University of Life Sciences was closed by German occupation authorities. However, the activity of the University and the Faculty was continued during clandestine classes.
Along with the development of WULS based on the chairs of the Faculty of Agriculture, their equipment and scientific and didactic personnel, separate faculties were established – the Faculty of Agricultural Meliorations in 1950, of Animal Science in 1951, of Economic Agricultural Engineering in 1953, of Agricultural and Food Technology in 1963 and of Agricultural and Forestry Techniques in 1977. In 1953, the WULS Faculty of Agriculture launched extramural studies. Between the years 1969 – 1991 there was an Extramural Studies Consulting Desk in Białystok-Dojlidy and since 1979 a Consultancy Desk in Widzew has been operating. In year 1997 an Extramural Studies Consultancy Desk was established in Łowicz-Blich and in year 2000 – in Leśna Podlaska, whereas in 2002 the names of the Desks were changed into Extramural Didactic Centres. In year 2004 the Faculty of Agriculture assumed the name of the Faculty of Agriculture and Biology. Throughout the over one-hundred-year activity of the Faculty, its courses were completed by over 12,000 students (95 classes), which is one fourth of all the graduates of agricultural studies in Poland. In the academic year 2008-2009 over 170 people were employed in the Faculty, including 105 academic teachers, and there were approx. 2,000 students.
The scientific and didactic base of the Faculty comprises of the Prof. Marian Górski Experimental Station of the Faculty of Agriculture and Biology in Skierniewice – as the continuation of the first WULS Experiment Field Station, Agricultural Experiment Farm in “Chylice” and in “Żelazna.” The facilities have served this purpose since 1921, 1913 and 1945 respectively.